One of the biggest environmental concerns of today is the amount of waste that is generated by the human population. As a nation, we represent roughly 5% of the population but generate almost one-third of the world’s waste. Each American produces roughly 4.4 pounds of trash, which is over 700,000 tons every day as a country.
These numbers are shocking but imagine the difference that could easily be made. The challenge is simple; reduce the amount of waste that you produce. If we all cut back just a little bit at a time, we will see a significant impact on the amount of garbage that we produce.
What is a zero waste lifestyle?
Perhaps a true “zero waste” lifestyle may be too extreme for the reality we live in today, but the idea is a powerful one. Start by assessing your daily life, figure out where you produce the most waste and take small steps to cut back.
Here are some easy tips to try when you embark on your zero waste journey:
- Replace paper towels with washable towels
- Use your own grocery bags
- Pack your lunches in reusable containers
- Go paperless with digital documents for bills and such
- Use white vinegar and baking soda instead of harmful chemicals for cleaning
- Use reusable water bottles, stop buying plastic
- Start a compost bin of food waste
- Avoid buying disposable items
There are so many little ways that you can help reduce the amount of garbage that humans create every day. To start, try eliminating shaving creams and gels.
Easy enough, right?
Aqua Jet Razor has made this switch for people even easier by creating a razor that will give you the best shave you’ve ever had with only water. Their patented design requires no shaving gels or creams and has the best blades on the market. To learn more about how Aqua Jet Razor works, click here.